As if pooping in the woods, trespassing through people's homes or not shaving for 3 months ( to be fair JoAnne does try to keep hairless -which I thank her for- except for the sweater that coats her arms.
Imagine the sun at its peak position in the sky radiating against your face. The heat of Chang Mai in Northern Thailand is unrelenting and forces me to perspire in places we never thought possible. Chang Mai, a city not near any swim able river or ocean. Our only hope in seeking relief of the heat is through finding a swimming pool.
We saddled up our bicycles to search for the Olympic sized pool at the Chang Mai University. However, along the way we were derailed by a big shopping mall with a hotel attached. To our luck the hotel even had a pool on the roof.
We walked straight through to the reception and inquired about purchasing a day pass. The receptionist had no idea what we were talking about but told us that the pool was on the 4th floor.
The pool was big, clear and very inviting. After we had found a bathroom (surely we didn't stick-out using the facility located through the employee lunch-room) to change in, Jo and I wasted no time and jumped right in.
About an hour later, I noticed a man starring very hard at us from the other side of the pool. I realized that he probably works for the hotel and I am pretty sure he notices that we are the only guests not using a hotel towel to dry off. On his way over to our chairs, JoAnne and I create a story. We tell the security that we are guests staying with our parents (anyone who is a good liar could tell that that was our first flaw right there. How probable is it for 2 girls in their 20's to be staying with their parents? ). I continue anyway regardless of how foolish I feel and tell him my last name is Anderson and that my parents have the key which is why I couldn't tell him our room number. Yep I actually said all that and he saw right through it but gave us the benefit of the doubt. As he was calling the front desk to verify if we were in fact guests, JoAnne and I decide to make our stay in the pool count. We turned right around and jumped in, cannonball and all. The end of the story? well, we were asked to leave and no, no purchase to the hotel could allow us to stay in the pool. We climbed out and didn't even bother to dry off before trudging through the marble hallways and out onto the street.
NEW Trip Itinerary
January 8: Depart NYC
January: Thailand
February: Cambodia
March: Vietnam & Laos
March: Northern Thailand
April: Australia
May- June: India
June: Fly out of Bangkok, Thailand to Hong Kong, China
July 2nd: Return to NYC
January: Thailand
February: Cambodia
March: Vietnam & Laos
March: Northern Thailand
April: Australia
May- June: India
June: Fly out of Bangkok, Thailand to Hong Kong, China
July 2nd: Return to NYC
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
POOL BANDITS!
ahahahahhaahaaaa....
ps: My arm hair is sad to be in NYC without you, so I'm just going to stalk you online. Write more on ya damn blog, girl. You have to take over with the writing, now!
Post a Comment